You can work through the content at any time of day and at your own pace.
The release of course content will occur at 9:00am AEST on the following dates –
- Introduction – 21st August, 2023
- Module 1: Brain science and TBI pathology – 23rd August, 2023
- Module 2: TBI from mild to severe – 30th August, 2023
- Module 3: TBI across the lifespan – 13th September, 2023
- Module 4: Life after TBI – 20th September, 2023
- Completion – 27th September, 2023
You can work through the content at any time of day and at your own pace. This includes revisiting earlier released content as needed up until the course close on 13th October 2023 at 5:00pm AEDT.
The Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) was developed by the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre based in the College of Health and Medicine at the University of Tasmania, with support from Connectivity. This online course is free, easily accessible and available to everyone with an interest in TBI, neuroscience or brain health.
To get the most out of this experience, you should expect to spend approximately 2 hours per week completing the course activities for the 5 weeks of scheduled content.
Once you have completed the course, you will be eligible to download a free, personalised certificate of completion. There is also a paid enhanced certificates option. More information about this in the Completion module.