The Post Concussion Action Group is a program available for individuals in South East Ontario with post-concussion symptoms 3 months or more after their injury. The group is a total of 8 hours in duration, meeting for 2 hours once weekly, for 4 weeks.
1. You must be referred by filling out this form: Referral Form 2022 (you can self-refer)
2. You will be contacted for an initial intake and to complete a brief screening questionnaire.
If you’ve already completed the group and want a refresher, see below:
Presentations from Group
- Concussion Action Group Session 1: Setting Goals with Planning and Pacing
- Concussion Action Group Session 2 Stress Management
- Concussion Action Group Session 3 Self Care and Managing Symptoms
- Concussion Action Group Session 4 Communication
Complete a group evaluation form if you have recently attended a group (teleconference participants only).
Below, you will find specific information on concussion symptoms, tools, and strategies.
Common Post-Concussive Symptoms
- Attention and Concentration
- Sleep and Fatigue
- Dizziness, Nausea & Balance
- Headache & Pain
- Low Mood and Depression
- Controlling your Emotions
- Vision and Hearing Sensitivities
- Alcohol or Drug Use
- Breathing Meditation
- FREE Deepak Chopra 21-Day Meditation Experience
- Progressive Relaxation Audio, Mindfulness, and Yoga
- Tai Chi Introductory Lesson
- Pacing Yourself
- Healthy Eating
- Getting Professional Help
- Communication: How to Talk so People will Listen
- Guide to Recovering from a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Have a question? Leave a comment!