The survivor and family education series is a forum open to individuals with acquired brain injury, their family, and friends. The goals of the series are to share education and information, provide opportunities to meet other individuals and family members affected by brain injury, and to encourage peer support.
Sessions are broadcast from Parkwoods Hospital in London, Ontario, and linked with several sites across Ontario where participants are able to participate live.
List of Archived Content from additional years of Parkwoods Broadcasts:
- 90-minute webinar on Pacing & Planning Strategies to help after Acquired Brain Injury/Concussion. The webinar was presented by Becky Moran, OT, St. Joseph’s Health Care London.
Follow the link to watch it at OBIA.ca WEBINAR on Pacing & Planning Strategies to help after Acquired Brain Injury/Concussion
2. 90-minutes webinar on Practical Strategies for Achieving Success After mTBI. The webinar was presented by Katie Hill, who works as a Personal Effectiveness Training Program Coordinator at Brain Injury Community Re-entry.
Following the link to watch it at OBIA.ca WEBINAR on Practical Strategies for Achieving Success after mTBI.
Positive Approach: A Four Part Life Skills Zoom Series
Brain Injury Association of Durham Region (BIAD) is has four on demand life skills session with Heather Campbell, BHSc, MScOT, OT Reg. (Ont.) Occupational Therapist from the Positive Approach.
Session one covered the following topics:
- Sleep and Wake Cycles
- Social Connection with Others
- The Mind and Emotions
Watch on demand of Session Two: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IELvo1qBDek
Slides available here
Session two covered the following topics:
- How to Successfully Organize your Week
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Energy Conservation (Planning, Pacing, Prioritizing, Posture)
- Balance of Activity and Rest
Watch on demand of Session Three: www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-R0yaTWfdY
Slides available here
Session three covered the following topics:
Practical Ways to be Kind to Yourself
- Positive Self-Talk
- Staying connected to the important people in your life (in person, phone, email, video chat)
- Managing Expectations, and breaking goals down into manageable chunks.
- Relaxation and Deep Breathing
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Exercise and Movement
- Brief Review of Pillars of Health and Self-Care, and Energy Conservation, Daily Routines