- 90-minute webinar on Pacing & Planning Strategies to help after Acquired Brain Injury/Concussion. The webinar was presented by Becky Moran, OT, St. Joseph’s Health Care London.
Follow the link to watch it at OBIA.ca WEBINAR on Pacing & Planning Strategies to help after Acquired Brain Injury/Concussion
2. 90-minutes webinar on Practical Strategies for Achieving Success After mTBI. The webinar was presented by Katie Hill, who works as a Personal Effectiveness Training Program Coordinator at Brain Injury Community Re-entry.
Following the link to watch it at OBIA.ca WEBINAR on Practical Strategies for Achieving Success after mTBI.
Have you recently sustained a concussion or suffer from post concussive symptoms?
Are you struggling with headaches, fatigue, depression, anxiety, memory issues, or you “just don’t feel right?”
You are not alone! OBIA is here to help!
The Online Concussion Support Group welcomes you to a safe place where you can share your frustrations and struggles and connect with others who have had similar experiences.
A registered social worker facilitates the group and provides support, in addition to resources to help with your emotional recovery.
The groups are limited to a small number to allow for greater discussion and interaction. The facilitator ensures that every member is respected and heard.
This group runs for 60 minutes per week over eight weeks. You can participate in the support group by computer or phone.
The privacy is of the utmost importance to OBIA and they use an online platform that will maintain the confidentiality of the group.
Online Concussion Support Groups are completely free but require registration. Registration is necessary as groups fill up quickly. Due to funding restrictions, the Online Concussion Support Groups are for NEW PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
Due to extensive wait-list, please ensure there are no more than two absences during the 8-week session.
For more information call 1-800-263-5404 ext. 249 or email our group facilitator directly at: [email protected]
Next Regular sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, April 14 – June 2, 2020, 11 a.m. – 12 noon – Register online here
- Tuesday, April 14 – June 2, 2020, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Register online here
- Tuesday, April 14 – June 2, 2020, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Register online here
- Wednesday, April 15 – June 3, 2020, 11 a.m. – 12 noon. – Register online here
- Wednesday, April 15 – June 3, 2020, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Register online here
Next Focus Group sessions are as follows:
- Monday, April 20 – June 15, 2020, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Focus group – CBT/Anxiety)
Prerequisite: must have completed OBIA’s Regular group and commit to attending ALL sessions – Register online here
This group has been developed with the intent to provide education and support including a safe place for people to discuss personal topics. This group should not be considered as a replacement to any form of medical assessment or treatment. It is recommended that you consult with a medical professional before beginning this online support group.