Some examples of Dizziness, Nausea and Balance Difficulties
- Experiencing a sense of dizziness or motion sickness when moving or changing positions
- A sense of spinning or motion (called Vertigo) which may occur as a result of sudden movements
- A sense of being “off balance”
- Dizziness and balance problems typically will resolve on their own after some time. You may find that there are times when it will be better, and times when it will be worse. Choose activities according to how you feel at the moment.
- Don’t do dangerous activities where losing your balance could result in serious injury.
- Increase your activity level gradually.
- If problems do not resolve on their own, speak to your doctor about a referring you to other specialists such as a physiotherapist or audiologist.
- A physiotherapist may be able to provide “vestibular rehabilitation” to help you overcome these challenges
Links for More Tips – click on titles to go to these sites:
Return to the Post Concussion Action Group Main Page!